Jan 5, 2012, 8:54 AM EST
The Boston Globe reports that Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks — who missed most of last season with back problems and had surgery to remove bone fragments in December — needed a second surgery to deal with fluid buildup around his spine. The recover time for that, the Globe reports, is eight weeks, which means he likely won’t be ready when spring training gets underway next month.
Gonna go out on a limb and say that this signing will not be written about as the Sox’ best.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)