Jan 5, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
The Boston Globe reports that Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks — who missed most of last season with back problems and had surgery to remove bone fragments in December — needed a second surgery to deal with fluid buildup around his spine. The recover time for that, the Globe reports, is eight weeks, which means he likely won’t be ready when spring training gets underway next month.
Gonna go out on a limb and say that this signing will not be written about as the Sox’ best.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)