Jan 5, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
The Boston Globe reports that Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks — who missed most of last season with back problems and had surgery to remove bone fragments in December — needed a second surgery to deal with fluid buildup around his spine. The recover time for that, the Globe reports, is eight weeks, which means he likely won’t be ready when spring training gets underway next month.
Gonna go out on a limb and say that this signing will not be written about as the Sox’ best.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)