Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
miguel tejada is training in miami w/ legendary workout guru pete bommarito. looking for comeback. word is, he looks great
Tejada turns 38 in May. Last year he hit .239/.270/.326 with four home runs and 26 RBI in 322 at-bats. The Giants released him. Repeat: the Giants, who couldn’t collectively hit water if they fell out of a boat, released him. He had better be in pretty darn good shape if he expects anyone to give him anything other than a courtesy spring training invite.
But just to be safe: don’t even think about it, Frank Wren. Don’t you dare think about it. I’d sooner you see if Walt Weiss is willing to come back than take a chance on Tejada. Really: we won’t be friends anymore if you do this thing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)