Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
miguel tejada is training in miami w/ legendary workout guru pete bommarito. looking for comeback. word is, he looks great
Tejada turns 38 in May. Last year he hit .239/.270/.326 with four home runs and 26 RBI in 322 at-bats. The Giants released him. Repeat: the Giants, who couldn’t collectively hit water if they fell out of a boat, released him. He had better be in pretty darn good shape if he expects anyone to give him anything other than a courtesy spring training invite.
But just to be safe: don’t even think about it, Frank Wren. Don’t you dare think about it. I’d sooner you see if Walt Weiss is willing to come back than take a chance on Tejada. Really: we won’t be friends anymore if you do this thing.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 57
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)