Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
miguel tejada is training in miami w/ legendary workout guru pete bommarito. looking for comeback. word is, he looks great
Tejada turns 38 in May. Last year he hit .239/.270/.326 with four home runs and 26 RBI in 322 at-bats. The Giants released him. Repeat: the Giants, who couldn’t collectively hit water if they fell out of a boat, released him. He had better be in pretty darn good shape if he expects anyone to give him anything other than a courtesy spring training invite.
But just to be safe: don’t even think about it, Frank Wren. Don’t you dare think about it. I’d sooner you see if Walt Weiss is willing to come back than take a chance on Tejada. Really: we won’t be friends anymore if you do this thing.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)