Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
miguel tejada is training in miami w/ legendary workout guru pete bommarito. looking for comeback. word is, he looks great
Tejada turns 38 in May. Last year he hit .239/.270/.326 with four home runs and 26 RBI in 322 at-bats. The Giants released him. Repeat: the Giants, who couldn’t collectively hit water if they fell out of a boat, released him. He had better be in pretty darn good shape if he expects anyone to give him anything other than a courtesy spring training invite.
But just to be safe: don’t even think about it, Frank Wren. Don’t you dare think about it. I’d sooner you see if Walt Weiss is willing to come back than take a chance on Tejada. Really: we won’t be friends anymore if you do this thing.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million