Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
miguel tejada is training in miami w/ legendary workout guru pete bommarito. looking for comeback. word is, he looks great
Tejada turns 38 in May. Last year he hit .239/.270/.326 with four home runs and 26 RBI in 322 at-bats. The Giants released him. Repeat: the Giants, who couldn’t collectively hit water if they fell out of a boat, released him. He had better be in pretty darn good shape if he expects anyone to give him anything other than a courtesy spring training invite.
But just to be safe: don’t even think about it, Frank Wren. Don’t you dare think about it. I’d sooner you see if Walt Weiss is willing to come back than take a chance on Tejada. Really: we won’t be friends anymore if you do this thing.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20