Jan 5, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Mike Adams underwent hernia surgery yesterday and the Rangers right-hander may not be fully recovered in time for the start of spring training.
However, according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers expect Adams to have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day.
Adams, who came over from the Padres in a July 31 deal for minor leaguers Joe Wieland and Robbie Erlin, threw 26 innings with a 2.10 ERA following the trade and then allowed three runs in eight playoff frames.
He’s slated to be Joe Nathan‘s primary setup man this season.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29