Jan 5, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Mike Adams underwent hernia surgery yesterday and the Rangers right-hander may not be fully recovered in time for the start of spring training.
However, according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers expect Adams to have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day.
Adams, who came over from the Padres in a July 31 deal for minor leaguers Joe Wieland and Robbie Erlin, threw 26 innings with a 2.10 ERA following the trade and then allowed three runs in eight playoff frames.
He’s slated to be Joe Nathan‘s primary setup man this season.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 33
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)