Jan 5, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
Mike Adams underwent hernia surgery yesterday and the Rangers right-hander may not be fully recovered in time for the start of spring training.
However, according to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com the Rangers expect Adams to have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day.
Adams, who came over from the Padres in a July 31 deal for minor leaguers Joe Wieland and Robbie Erlin, threw 26 innings with a 2.10 ERA following the trade and then allowed three runs in eight playoff frames.
He’s slated to be Joe Nathan‘s primary setup man this season.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40