Jan 5, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
The Marlins are gonna be so much damn fun this year. Carlos Zambrano. Hanley Ramirez. Ozzie Guillen. Logan Morrison. If they could trade for Nyjer Morgan and figure out roles for Milton Bradley, Carl Crawford I’d have enough bloggy material to last me all summer.
As it is, it’s just a matter of what’s going to set things off. If they’re winning I imagine Zambrano will maintain his cool and not smash those fish tanks in the new ballpark. To be honest, it seems more likely that we’re going to have some sort of off-the-field issues. Maybe sparked by a miscommunication of some kind. Perhaps a Twitter war. Here’s Logan Morrison last night, providing some foreshadowing to that effect:
I really hope Ozzies on-field instructions r easier 2 understand than his tweets. I literally have no idea what this dude is talking about.
To be fair to Ozzie, he keeps it clean on Twitter and based on what I’ve heard from him in off-the-record situations that takes away, like, half of his available vocabulary. I’m guessing once he is free to speak like Ozzie speaks his colorful metaphors will make his instructions a lot more clear.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)