Jan 5, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
The Marlins are gonna be so much damn fun this year. Carlos Zambrano. Hanley Ramirez. Ozzie Guillen. Logan Morrison. If they could trade for Nyjer Morgan and figure out roles for Milton Bradley, Carl Crawford I’d have enough bloggy material to last me all summer.
As it is, it’s just a matter of what’s going to set things off. If they’re winning I imagine Zambrano will maintain his cool and not smash those fish tanks in the new ballpark. To be honest, it seems more likely that we’re going to have some sort of off-the-field issues. Maybe sparked by a miscommunication of some kind. Perhaps a Twitter war. Here’s Logan Morrison last night, providing some foreshadowing to that effect:
I really hope Ozzies on-field instructions r easier 2 understand than his tweets. I literally have no idea what this dude is talking about.
To be fair to Ozzie, he keeps it clean on Twitter and based on what I’ve heard from him in off-the-record situations that takes away, like, half of his available vocabulary. I’m guessing once he is free to speak like Ozzie speaks his colorful metaphors will make his instructions a lot more clear.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 0
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 10
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)