Jan 5, 2012, 8:38 PM EST
According to the Rockies’ official Twitter feed, Colorado has acquired infielder Chad Tracy from the Rangers for right-handed pitcher Greg Reynolds.
Chad, the son of Rockies manager Jim Tracy, was a third-round pick in the 2006 MLB Amateur Draft. He posted a .259/.339/.475 batting line with 26 home runs and 109 RBI in 134 games last year at Triple-A Round Rock, playing primarily at first base.
Reynolds, a former No. 2 overall pick, has registered a disappointing 7.47 career ERA and 1.69 career WHIP in 94 major league innings. The 26-year-old has fared only slightly better in the minor leagues but will look to finally maximize his talent with a change of scenery.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 94
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 32
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)