Jan 5, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
Hairston’s role with the Mets was pretty limited last year, both by injury and by Terry Collins’ seeming reluctance to use him all that much. But he hit .235/.303/.470 with seven homers in just 145 plate appearances. That’s decent pop for a guy who can backup all three outfield positions if needed and who, in the event of an injury to a regular, won’t make life awful for anyone if he is pressed into full-time duty.
I actually figured someone else would have been interested in him. Maybe a lot of someone elses given the overall poor state of bench bats in the league these days. But good for the Mets for keeping him.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)