Jan 5, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
Hairston’s role with the Mets was pretty limited last year, both by injury and by Terry Collins’ seeming reluctance to use him all that much. But he hit .235/.303/.470 with seven homers in just 145 plate appearances. That’s decent pop for a guy who can backup all three outfield positions if needed and who, in the event of an injury to a regular, won’t make life awful for anyone if he is pressed into full-time duty.
I actually figured someone else would have been interested in him. Maybe a lot of someone elses given the overall poor state of bench bats in the league these days. But good for the Mets for keeping him.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8