Jan 5, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
Hairston’s role with the Mets was pretty limited last year, both by injury and by Terry Collins’ seeming reluctance to use him all that much. But he hit .235/.303/.470 with seven homers in just 145 plate appearances. That’s decent pop for a guy who can backup all three outfield positions if needed and who, in the event of an injury to a regular, won’t make life awful for anyone if he is pressed into full-time duty.
I actually figured someone else would have been interested in him. Maybe a lot of someone elses given the overall poor state of bench bats in the league these days. But good for the Mets for keeping him.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)