Jan 6, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Department of Public Safety commissioner Mark W. McDonough issued the following statement:
Immediately following the crash, I requested the resources of the Georgia State Patrol’s Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team, the department’s Special Investigations Division, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Fulton County District Attorney’s office in the follow-up investigations.
The investigations are continuing and the findings from each will be presented to District Attorney Paul Howard for his consideration of charges when the investigations are concluded. Although this personnel action has been taken, this will in no way change the focus of the investigations.
Jeff Porter was driving with Kathy Porter in the passenger seat and two children in the backseat when they were struck by Dozier’s patrol car in an intersection at around 4:30 pm Saturday.
According to the State Patrol’s statements Dozier was speeding while in pursuit of a motorcyclist and “failed to use due regard when traveling through the intersection on a red traffic signal.” Beyond that, Mike Morris of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that witnesses to the crash observed Dozier’s siren not being on, although his blue lights were flashing.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)