Jan 6, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Department of Public Safety commissioner Mark W. McDonough issued the following statement:
Immediately following the crash, I requested the resources of the Georgia State Patrol’s Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team, the department’s Special Investigations Division, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Fulton County District Attorney’s office in the follow-up investigations.
The investigations are continuing and the findings from each will be presented to District Attorney Paul Howard for his consideration of charges when the investigations are concluded. Although this personnel action has been taken, this will in no way change the focus of the investigations.
Jeff Porter was driving with Kathy Porter in the passenger seat and two children in the backseat when they were struck by Dozier’s patrol car in an intersection at around 4:30 pm Saturday.
According to the State Patrol’s statements Dozier was speeding while in pursuit of a motorcyclist and “failed to use due regard when traveling through the intersection on a red traffic signal.” Beyond that, Mike Morris of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that witnesses to the crash observed Dozier’s siren not being on, although his blue lights were flashing.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)