Jan 7, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
Arthur Rhodes said during the Cardinals’ World Series run in October that he planned to play one more season before retiring and according to Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest, the 42-year-old left-hander is close to deciding where he’ll pitch in 2012.
Rhodes was released by the Rangers last August after posting a 4.81 ERA over 32 appearances, but latched on with the Cardinals in August and pitched 2 2/3 scoreless innings during the postseason. The Cardinals would reportedly like to bring him back, but he has also drawn interest from the Mariners this offseason.
Rhodes has a 4.08 ERA over his 20 seasons in the majors, but the great majority of his success has come after the age of 30. The southpaw has a 3.07 ERA since 2001.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 71
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)