Jan 7, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
Conrad, who turns 32 later this month, batted .223/.325/.388 with four home runs, 13 RBI and a .713 OPS over 122 plate appearances with the Braves last season. He functioned mostly as a right-handed bat off the bench, but also made five starts at second base and seven at the hot corner. He became a free agent after the Braves non-tendered him last month.
Conrad had a knack for some pretty big hits during his time with Atlanta, but also made some key fielding errors and owns an ugly 29 percent strikeout rate in the big leagues.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)