Jan 7, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Ryan Ludwick has received contract offers from at least four teams. We have seen reports linking him to the Athletics and Reds as recently as this week, although it’s not clear whether any of the offers are from them.
Ludwick, 33, batted .237/.310/.363 with 13 home runs, 75 RBI and a .674 OPS over 139 games between the Padres and Pirates last season.
Ludwick hasn’t enjoyed much success since being traded from the Cardinals to the Padres in July of 2010, but has legitimate power and is well-regarded for his defense. A reunion with Walt Jocketty in Cincinnati would make some sense, as Great American Ballpark would be a great fit for his right-handed bat.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 24
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 45
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 66
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)