Jan 7, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Ryan Ludwick has received contract offers from at least four teams. We have seen reports linking him to the Athletics and Reds as recently as this week, although it’s not clear whether any of the offers are from them.
Ludwick, 33, batted .237/.310/.363 with 13 home runs, 75 RBI and a .674 OPS over 139 games between the Padres and Pirates last season.
Ludwick hasn’t enjoyed much success since being traded from the Cardinals to the Padres in July of 2010, but has legitimate power and is well-regarded for his defense. A reunion with Walt Jocketty in Cincinnati would make some sense, as Great American Ballpark would be a great fit for his right-handed bat.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39