Jan 7, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Ryan Ludwick has received contract offers from at least four teams. We have seen reports linking him to the Athletics and Reds as recently as this week, although it’s not clear whether any of the offers are from them.
Ludwick, 33, batted .237/.310/.363 with 13 home runs, 75 RBI and a .674 OPS over 139 games between the Padres and Pirates last season.
Ludwick hasn’t enjoyed much success since being traded from the Cardinals to the Padres in July of 2010, but has legitimate power and is well-regarded for his defense. A reunion with Walt Jocketty in Cincinnati would make some sense, as Great American Ballpark would be a great fit for his right-handed bat.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)