Jan 7, 2012, 10:01 AM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Ryan Ludwick has received contract offers from at least four teams. We have seen reports linking him to the Athletics and Reds as recently as this week, although it’s not clear whether any of the offers are from them.
Ludwick, 33, batted .237/.310/.363 with 13 home runs, 75 RBI and a .674 OPS over 139 games between the Padres and Pirates last season.
Ludwick hasn’t enjoyed much success since being traded from the Cardinals to the Padres in July of 2010, but has legitimate power and is well-regarded for his defense. A reunion with Walt Jocketty in Cincinnati would make some sense, as Great American Ballpark would be a great fit for his right-handed bat.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)