Jan 8, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
It’s far from surprising news, but we’ll pass it along anyway. Via Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
The Milwaukee Brewers will know before the start of spring training whether all-star leftfielder Ryan Braun will be in their lineup on opening day.
People familiar with the history of the Major League Baseball drug testing program and arbitration process indicate the Brewers and Braun will not be kept guessing about his status until the team opens its spring camp Feb. 18 in Phoenix.
Braun’s hearing is likely to take place during the last week of January, and the 2011 National League MVP should be notified of the arbitrator’s decision one week later. He’s hoping to have his positive PED test result overturned completely. Though, as we’ve addressed on this blog, that seems unlikely to happen.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)