Jan 9, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Darren Oliver‘s signing with the Blue Jays — which we’ve known about for a while — was actually announced today, complete with terms: he gets $4 million for 2012 with a $3 million team option for 2013. There is a $500K buyout of that option, so his guaranteed money is $4.5 million.
Not bad for a 41-year old dude. Of course, he’s coming off his best year — a 2.29 ERA in 61 lefty-destroying appearances — so it was pretty certain that he was going to do well regardless.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona