Jan 9, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Darren Oliver‘s signing with the Blue Jays — which we’ve known about for a while — was actually announced today, complete with terms: he gets $4 million for 2012 with a $3 million team option for 2013. There is a $500K buyout of that option, so his guaranteed money is $4.5 million.
Not bad for a 41-year old dude. Of course, he’s coming off his best year — a 2.29 ERA in 61 lefty-destroying appearances — so it was pretty certain that he was going to do well regardless.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)