Jan 9, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Per NPB Tracker, Hiroki Kuroda — who, rumor has it, could be had on a one-year deal — has reportedly informed the Hiroshima Carp that he intends to pitch in the Major Leagues in 2012, not return to Japan as has been suggested a few times. Moreover, Kuroda reportedly intends to decide on where he’ll sign “within the next couple of days.”
There’s no clear frontrunner at this point. The Rangers have been rumored, but there is reason to be skeptical of that. The Red Sox have interest. The Yankees have reportedly ruled themselves out because they’re broke and everything, the poor dears.
Let’s just create chaos and say the Marlins are where he’s going. There hasn’t been enough talk about the Marlins this winter.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final