Jan 9, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Per NPB Tracker, Hiroki Kuroda — who, rumor has it, could be had on a one-year deal — has reportedly informed the Hiroshima Carp that he intends to pitch in the Major Leagues in 2012, not return to Japan as has been suggested a few times. Moreover, Kuroda reportedly intends to decide on where he’ll sign “within the next couple of days.”
There’s no clear frontrunner at this point. The Rangers have been rumored, but there is reason to be skeptical of that. The Red Sox have interest. The Yankees have reportedly ruled themselves out because they’re broke and everything, the poor dears.
Let’s just create chaos and say the Marlins are where he’s going. There hasn’t been enough talk about the Marlins this winter.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17