Jan 9, 2012, 9:33 AM EST
Things that just sort of make you stop and say “really?”: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reporting that the Rockies may be interested in Kevin Millwood, but can’t seem to find space in the budget for him. The same Kevin Millwood who pitched all of 54 major league innings last year.
Now, granted, those 54 innings came for the Rockies and they were actually OK innings. But it just strikes me that if a big league team really wants a guy who is not going to cost anything approaching big money, they can probably find a way to make it happen.
I dunno. It’s possible Kevin Millwood has one more bounceback season in him. But it also strikes me that major league teams who don’t want to discourage their fan bases don’t say things like “we can’t squeeze Kevin Millwood into the budget.”
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)