Jan 9, 2012, 9:33 AM EST
Things that just sort of make you stop and say “really?”: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reporting that the Rockies may be interested in Kevin Millwood, but can’t seem to find space in the budget for him. The same Kevin Millwood who pitched all of 54 major league innings last year.
Now, granted, those 54 innings came for the Rockies and they were actually OK innings. But it just strikes me that if a big league team really wants a guy who is not going to cost anything approaching big money, they can probably find a way to make it happen.
I dunno. It’s possible Kevin Millwood has one more bounceback season in him. But it also strikes me that major league teams who don’t want to discourage their fan bases don’t say things like “we can’t squeeze Kevin Millwood into the budget.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)