Jan 9, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
Things that just sort of make you stop and say “really?”: Troy Renck of the Denver Post reporting that the Rockies may be interested in Kevin Millwood, but can’t seem to find space in the budget for him. The same Kevin Millwood who pitched all of 54 major league innings last year.
Now, granted, those 54 innings came for the Rockies and they were actually OK innings. But it just strikes me that if a big league team really wants a guy who is not going to cost anything approaching big money, they can probably find a way to make it happen.
I dunno. It’s possible Kevin Millwood has one more bounceback season in him. But it also strikes me that major league teams who don’t want to discourage their fan bases don’t say things like “we can’t squeeze Kevin Millwood into the budget.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming