Jan 10, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
As we’ve noted a couple of times, Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey is climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. As in, he’s doing it right now. And the New York Times is running his journal entries. Don’t read it if you prefer your ballplayers to say stuff like “I just want to help the ballclub” and “I just want to give 110%.”
Thankfully, my journey thus far has not solely been glimpses of my own mortality, but also of great splendor and beauty. Never have these words been more useful to me than in my attempt to describe the sights of the past two days.
Follow along with baseball’s most interesting dude here.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)