Jan 10, 2012, 2:35 PM EST
Ted Williams was once asked by a reporter where he’d play if he was a free agent and could sign with any team. You get a few guesses at which team it was before you click through.
OK, did you click though? He only gives some basic reasoning, but I could totally see that. At the time — 1940 — it probably seemed like a huge opportunity to go to that particular team. Kind of a sleeping giant.
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 0
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)