Jan 10, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
Ted Williams was once asked by a reporter where he’d play if he was a free agent and could sign with any team. You get a few guesses at which team it was before you click through.
OK, did you click though? He only gives some basic reasoning, but I could totally see that. At the time — 1940 — it probably seemed like a huge opportunity to go to that particular team. Kind of a sleeping giant.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)