Jan 11, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
The A’s and the Giants have been at odds over the territorial rights to San Jose for a long time now. In fact, I believe we’re coming up on the third anniversary of launching of the famous MLB study that was designed to solve that problem in the first place. I’m sure they’re almost done!
In the meantime, Wendy Thurm made what appears to be an eminently reasonable and workable proposal to solve the problem in a single blog post over at SB Nation. Imagine.
Now obviously people who live in and know the Bay Area — like Wendy — know the dynamics and quirks to all of this stuff way better, but it seems to make sense. The Giants get some extra territory out of this — notably Oakland — and the A’s get to build their new ballpark that, over time, will benefit all of baseball, the Giants included.
So tell me: what’s wrong with this? Why wouldn’t the Giants be interested in such a deal?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)