Jan 11, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
The A’s and the Giants have been at odds over the territorial rights to San Jose for a long time now. In fact, I believe we’re coming up on the third anniversary of launching of the famous MLB study that was designed to solve that problem in the first place. I’m sure they’re almost done!
In the meantime, Wendy Thurm made what appears to be an eminently reasonable and workable proposal to solve the problem in a single blog post over at SB Nation. Imagine.
Now obviously people who live in and know the Bay Area — like Wendy — know the dynamics and quirks to all of this stuff way better, but it seems to make sense. The Giants get some extra territory out of this — notably Oakland — and the A’s get to build their new ballpark that, over time, will benefit all of baseball, the Giants included.
So tell me: what’s wrong with this? Why wouldn’t the Giants be interested in such a deal?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)