Jan 11, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Blake Hawksworth‘s status for Opening Day is in question, as the Dodgers reliever will undergo surgery today to shave down bone spurs in his elbow.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Hawksworth is expected to be sidelined or 4-6 weeks, which means he likely won’t be at full strength for the beginning of spring training.
Hawksworth, who had a 4.08 ERA and 43/17 K/BB ratio in 53 innings last season, began feeling soreness after starting his offseason throwing program and rested for a couple weeks before going the under the knife.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 12
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 8
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)