Jan 11, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the agreement. Vogelsong was eligible for arbitration this winter, and due a hefty raise after posting a superb 2.71 ERA and 1.25 WHIP across 179 2/3 innings last season.
The 34-year-old revitalized his career by relying less on his fastball — which he threw only 55.9 percent of the time in 2011 — and more on his cutter (14.7 percent), curve (19.7 percent) and change (9.7 percent). He became craftier, and it made him more effective.
UPDATE, 8:37 PM: FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi says the two-year deal is worth $8 million.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)