Jan 11, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the agreement. Vogelsong was eligible for arbitration this winter, and due a hefty raise after posting a superb 2.71 ERA and 1.25 WHIP across 179 2/3 innings last season.
The 34-year-old revitalized his career by relying less on his fastball — which he threw only 55.9 percent of the time in 2011 — and more on his cutter (14.7 percent), curve (19.7 percent) and change (9.7 percent). He became craftier, and it made him more effective.
UPDATE, 8:37 PM: FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi says the two-year deal is worth $8 million.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)