Jan 11, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the agreement. Vogelsong was eligible for arbitration this winter, and due a hefty raise after posting a superb 2.71 ERA and 1.25 WHIP across 179 2/3 innings last season.
The 34-year-old revitalized his career by relying less on his fastball — which he threw only 55.9 percent of the time in 2011 — and more on his cutter (14.7 percent), curve (19.7 percent) and change (9.7 percent). He became craftier, and it made him more effective.
UPDATE, 8:37 PM: FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi says the two-year deal is worth $8 million.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)