Jan 11, 2012, 8:37 PM EST
No word yet on the financial terms of the agreement. Vogelsong was eligible for arbitration this winter, and due a hefty raise after posting a superb 2.71 ERA and 1.25 WHIP across 179 2/3 innings last season.
The 34-year-old revitalized his career by relying less on his fastball — which he threw only 55.9 percent of the time in 2011 — and more on his cutter (14.7 percent), curve (19.7 percent) and change (9.7 percent). He became craftier, and it made him more effective.
UPDATE, 8:37 PM: FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi says the two-year deal is worth $8 million.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)