Jan 11, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the agreement. Vogelsong was eligible for arbitration this winter, and due a hefty raise after posting a superb 2.71 ERA and 1.25 WHIP across 179 2/3 innings last season.
The 34-year-old revitalized his career by relying less on his fastball — which he threw only 55.9 percent of the time in 2011 — and more on his cutter (14.7 percent), curve (19.7 percent) and change (9.7 percent). He became craftier, and it made him more effective.
UPDATE, 8:37 PM: FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi says the two-year deal is worth $8 million.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)