Jan 11, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s kind of hard to summarize a Joe Posnanski blog post because they tend to be about 6 things, cover about 4,000 words and do way better on their own than any summary can really handle. But there is a new Joe Posnanski post up about the Hall of Fame and, as always, it’s chock full of interesting stuff.
Best part: Joe puts together a lineup of the best players who have ever (a) appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot; but (b) never got a single vote. And it’s a good team! Joe notes ” I’ll bet that team, at its best, could beat the worst Hall of Fame team you could put together in a best of seven series.”
I think he may be right, even though he does have Bob Horner starting at third base which would be all kinds of ugly. And I think his ability to come up with topics like that — the stuff of awesome barroom debate — every other day is one of the reasons he just won The National Sportswriter of the Year Award.
Great stuff. Especially the bit about the no-vote-getting Hall of Fame lineup.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)