Jan 11, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s kind of hard to summarize a Joe Posnanski blog post because they tend to be about 6 things, cover about 4,000 words and do way better on their own than any summary can really handle. But there is a new Joe Posnanski post up about the Hall of Fame and, as always, it’s chock full of interesting stuff.
Best part: Joe puts together a lineup of the best players who have ever (a) appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot; but (b) never got a single vote. And it’s a good team! Joe notes ” I’ll bet that team, at its best, could beat the worst Hall of Fame team you could put together in a best of seven series.”
I think he may be right, even though he does have Bob Horner starting at third base which would be all kinds of ugly. And I think his ability to come up with topics like that — the stuff of awesome barroom debate — every other day is one of the reasons he just won The National Sportswriter of the Year Award.
Great stuff. Especially the bit about the no-vote-getting Hall of Fame lineup.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 0
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)