Jan 11, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Mora is not hanging up his cleats and is in fact looking for a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun says the 39-year-old would prefer to sign with an East Coast team, but he’ll likely accept whatever he can find.
Mora was released from the Diamondbacks in June of last season after batting just .228/.244/.276 with zero homers and 16 RBI in 135 plate appearances.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 1
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)