Jan 11, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Mora is not hanging up his cleats and is in fact looking for a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun says the 39-year-old would prefer to sign with an East Coast team, but he’ll likely accept whatever he can find.
Mora was released from the Diamondbacks in June of last season after batting just .228/.244/.276 with zero homers and 16 RBI in 135 plate appearances.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)