Jan 11, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Mora is not hanging up his cleats and is in fact looking for a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun says the 39-year-old would prefer to sign with an East Coast team, but he’ll likely accept whatever he can find.
Mora was released from the Diamondbacks in June of last season after batting just .228/.244/.276 with zero homers and 16 RBI in 135 plate appearances.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)