Jan 11, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Mora is not hanging up his cleats and is in fact looking for a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun says the 39-year-old would prefer to sign with an East Coast team, but he’ll likely accept whatever he can find.
Mora was released from the Diamondbacks in June of last season after batting just .228/.244/.276 with zero homers and 16 RBI in 135 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)