Jan 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some of us blog about baseball for money. Most blog about baseball for the love. Then — sometimes — someone blogs about baseball for a good cause. That’s what’s going on at Old Time Family Baseball this weekend, and for that reason you should check it out.
This Saturday, January 14th, Old Time Family Baseball’s proprietor, Michael Clair, will be doing a blogathon, posting every half hour for 24 hours to support Doctor’s Without Borders. As Mike explains here, all of the posts will be freshly written (i.e. he won’t be pre-writing stuff and setting it to post later). The fundraising page is here, and I’d humbly ask that you consider donating to what is an outrageously worthy cause.
I generally try to post things here at HBT every half hour during the day. I almost always fail. Why? Because it’s friggin’ hard to keep that up. So you can probably imagine that Mike is going to be really tired come Sunday, January 15. Which is why he has asked for guest blog posts that day. I am one of the guest bloggers, and my post is about “baseball shame.” To read it, you’ll have to go check out Old Time Family Baseball on Sunday. I’ll remind you all about it again later.
Anyway, please consider checking out the blogathon and visiting the donation page. And even if you don’t do that, at least watch Old Time Family Baseball to see if Mike goes crazy by around hour 17. Which I’m almost 100% certain will happen.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)