Jan 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
Some of us blog about baseball for money. Most blog about baseball for the love. Then — sometimes — someone blogs about baseball for a good cause. That’s what’s going on at Old Time Family Baseball this weekend, and for that reason you should check it out.
This Saturday, January 14th, Old Time Family Baseball’s proprietor, Michael Clair, will be doing a blogathon, posting every half hour for 24 hours to support Doctor’s Without Borders. As Mike explains here, all of the posts will be freshly written (i.e. he won’t be pre-writing stuff and setting it to post later). The fundraising page is here, and I’d humbly ask that you consider donating to what is an outrageously worthy cause.
I generally try to post things here at HBT every half hour during the day. I almost always fail. Why? Because it’s friggin’ hard to keep that up. So you can probably imagine that Mike is going to be really tired come Sunday, January 15. Which is why he has asked for guest blog posts that day. I am one of the guest bloggers, and my post is about “baseball shame.” To read it, you’ll have to go check out Old Time Family Baseball on Sunday. I’ll remind you all about it again later.
Anyway, please consider checking out the blogathon and visiting the donation page. And even if you don’t do that, at least watch Old Time Family Baseball to see if Mike goes crazy by around hour 17. Which I’m almost 100% certain will happen.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)