Read baseball blog posts; support Doctors Without Borders

Jan 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT

DWOB

Some of us blog about baseball for money. Most blog about baseball for the love.  Then — sometimes — someone blogs about baseball for a good cause.  That’s what’s going on at Old Time Family Baseball this weekend, and for that reason you should check it out.

This Saturday, January 14th, Old Time Family Baseball’s proprietor, Michael Clair, will be doing a blogathon, posting every half hour for 24 hours to support Doctor’s Without Borders. As Mike explains here, all of the posts will be freshly written (i.e. he won’t be pre-writing stuff and setting it to post later).  The fundraising page is here, and I’d humbly ask that you consider donating to what is an outrageously worthy cause.

I generally try to post things here at HBT every half hour during the day. I almost always fail. Why? Because it’s friggin’ hard to keep that up. So you can probably imagine that Mike is going to be really tired come Sunday, January 15.  Which is why he has asked for guest blog posts that day.  I am one of  the guest bloggers, and my post is about “baseball shame.”  To read it, you’ll have to go check out Old Time Family Baseball on Sunday.  I’ll remind you all about it again later.

Anyway, please consider checking out the blogathon and visiting the donation page.  And even if you don’t do that, at least watch Old Time Family Baseball to see if Mike goes crazy by around hour 17.  Which I’m almost 100% certain will happen.

1. pellypell - Jan 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM

In for 5.00, who’s going to match me? I am very familiar with DWB, these folks do amazing work.

• The Baseball Idiot - Jan 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I’ll see your $5 and raise it another $5.

• The Baseball Idiot - Jan 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I knew some of these guys in Africa. They need all the help we can give them.

• b7p19 - Jan 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Done

2. Kyle - Jan 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I’m in. That’s an incredible pace to keep up for 24 hours straight.

3. foreverchipper10 - Jan 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM

What is that logo? Is it someone snowboarding?

4. stex52 - Jan 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

A really admirable cause. I have a Dutch friend whose father-in-law works for them.

I will probably miss the Thon but I support the effort. I donate annually.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win