Jan 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
Some of us blog about baseball for money. Most blog about baseball for the love. Then — sometimes — someone blogs about baseball for a good cause. That’s what’s going on at Old Time Family Baseball this weekend, and for that reason you should check it out.
This Saturday, January 14th, Old Time Family Baseball’s proprietor, Michael Clair, will be doing a blogathon, posting every half hour for 24 hours to support Doctor’s Without Borders. As Mike explains here, all of the posts will be freshly written (i.e. he won’t be pre-writing stuff and setting it to post later). The fundraising page is here, and I’d humbly ask that you consider donating to what is an outrageously worthy cause.
I generally try to post things here at HBT every half hour during the day. I almost always fail. Why? Because it’s friggin’ hard to keep that up. So you can probably imagine that Mike is going to be really tired come Sunday, January 15. Which is why he has asked for guest blog posts that day. I am one of the guest bloggers, and my post is about “baseball shame.” To read it, you’ll have to go check out Old Time Family Baseball on Sunday. I’ll remind you all about it again later.
Anyway, please consider checking out the blogathon and visiting the donation page. And even if you don’t do that, at least watch Old Time Family Baseball to see if Mike goes crazy by around hour 17. Which I’m almost 100% certain will happen.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)