Jan 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Some of us blog about baseball for money. Most blog about baseball for the love. Then — sometimes — someone blogs about baseball for a good cause. That’s what’s going on at Old Time Family Baseball this weekend, and for that reason you should check it out.
This Saturday, January 14th, Old Time Family Baseball’s proprietor, Michael Clair, will be doing a blogathon, posting every half hour for 24 hours to support Doctor’s Without Borders. As Mike explains here, all of the posts will be freshly written (i.e. he won’t be pre-writing stuff and setting it to post later). The fundraising page is here, and I’d humbly ask that you consider donating to what is an outrageously worthy cause.
I generally try to post things here at HBT every half hour during the day. I almost always fail. Why? Because it’s friggin’ hard to keep that up. So you can probably imagine that Mike is going to be really tired come Sunday, January 15. Which is why he has asked for guest blog posts that day. I am one of the guest bloggers, and my post is about “baseball shame.” To read it, you’ll have to go check out Old Time Family Baseball on Sunday. I’ll remind you all about it again later.
Anyway, please consider checking out the blogathon and visiting the donation page. And even if you don’t do that, at least watch Old Time Family Baseball to see if Mike goes crazy by around hour 17. Which I’m almost 100% certain will happen.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)