Jan 11, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
As happens every year, the days after the Hall of Fame announcement are filled with people making suggestions about how to fix the Hall of Fame, the voting and all of that.
There are tiers suggested, in which Babe Ruth and Willie Mays sit on top and Jim Rice, George Kell and Lloyd Waner rest on the bottom. Alterations to the voting, ranging from the “panel of experts” to the “million monkeys with a million typewriters” models are suggested. Clearly, when it gets to this part of the season it is the best of times and it is the blurst of times, in terms of discussion topics, depending on your point of view.
Here’s one more suggestion though, floated by The Common Man: The Ron Swanson Hall of Fame. It comes with induction categories such as guys who are elected by virtue of their toughness, their “unquenchable iconoclasm” and for their love of meat and scotch. The latter of which should probably be its own Hall of Fame, but that’s a topic for another day.
Anyway, if you know who Ron Swanson is you should enjoy it. If you don’t, well, “Parks and Rec” is available on Netflix Instant.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)