Jan 11, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
As happens every year, the days after the Hall of Fame announcement are filled with people making suggestions about how to fix the Hall of Fame, the voting and all of that.
There are tiers suggested, in which Babe Ruth and Willie Mays sit on top and Jim Rice, George Kell and Lloyd Waner rest on the bottom. Alterations to the voting, ranging from the “panel of experts” to the “million monkeys with a million typewriters” models are suggested. Clearly, when it gets to this part of the season it is the best of times and it is the blurst of times, in terms of discussion topics, depending on your point of view.
Here’s one more suggestion though, floated by The Common Man: The Ron Swanson Hall of Fame. It comes with induction categories such as guys who are elected by virtue of their toughness, their “unquenchable iconoclasm” and for their love of meat and scotch. The latter of which should probably be its own Hall of Fame, but that’s a topic for another day.
Anyway, if you know who Ron Swanson is you should enjoy it. If you don’t, well, “Parks and Rec” is available on Netflix Instant.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)