Jan 11, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
John Smoltz was a great pitcher. He made a lot of money pitching. With that money, he bought a crazy-big house that, even though he had four kids, is about ten times too big for any human-scale family.
It has ten bedrooms and 14 bathrooms and is over 18,000 square feet. Maybe it would be appropriate for some extended royal family situation. Maybe the Duggar family could put it to use. But the Smoltzes had to get lost in that joint on a regular basis.
Anyway, now it can be yours if you want it. You just have to (a) come up with $7.2 million; (b) move to Milton, Georgia; and (c) figure out how to pay the air conditioning bills.
Recommendation: win 213 games and save another 154 while striking out over 3000. That pays quite well.
Click through the above link for tons more pics.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 49
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)