Jan 11, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
John Smoltz was a great pitcher. He made a lot of money pitching. With that money, he bought a crazy-big house that, even though he had four kids, is about ten times too big for any human-scale family.
It has ten bedrooms and 14 bathrooms and is over 18,000 square feet. Maybe it would be appropriate for some extended royal family situation. Maybe the Duggar family could put it to use. But the Smoltzes had to get lost in that joint on a regular basis.
Anyway, now it can be yours if you want it. You just have to (a) come up with $7.2 million; (b) move to Milton, Georgia; and (c) figure out how to pay the air conditioning bills.
Recommendation: win 213 games and save another 154 while striking out over 3000. That pays quite well.
Click through the above link for tons more pics.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)