Jan 11, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
John Smoltz was a great pitcher. He made a lot of money pitching. With that money, he bought a crazy-big house that, even though he had four kids, is about ten times too big for any human-scale family.
It has ten bedrooms and 14 bathrooms and is over 18,000 square feet. Maybe it would be appropriate for some extended royal family situation. Maybe the Duggar family could put it to use. But the Smoltzes had to get lost in that joint on a regular basis.
Anyway, now it can be yours if you want it. You just have to (a) come up with $7.2 million; (b) move to Milton, Georgia; and (c) figure out how to pay the air conditioning bills.
Recommendation: win 213 games and save another 154 while striking out over 3000. That pays quite well.
Click through the above link for tons more pics.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)