Jan 12, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
We’ve seen a couple of stories about Dmitri Young’s dramatic weight loss and desire to come back and play in the majors again. Jerry Crasnick’s is the most in-depth so far, however, and it’s hard not to want to root for Young after reading it.
Plus it has fun stuff like this:
“I’m not eating like a Viking now,” Young said. “I’ve learned to hold off, and when I do get my treat, I don’t abuse it. I’ll eat one slice of pecan pie and call it a day, instead of eating half the pie or the whole pie.”
I’d be shocked, given how many DH-types are available on the market right now, if Young actually got a job. But I’d love to see him get an invite and play some spring training games. I loved him as a player and everyone I know who has had some contact with him says he’s great.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)