Jan 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Logan Morrison underwent arthroscopic knee surgery five weeks ago, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that he “walked without a limp” while attending a charity event for his youth baseball camp yesterday.
Morrison told Capozzi that he’d taken his first post-surgery swings earlier in the day and “it felt good.” However, he’s still not at full strength:
There’s still swelling. It still doesn’t feel 100 percent, but I think if there are no setbacks I should be all right. If I have to miss a week of spring training–and I’m not planning to–that’s probably the most it will be.
Morrison still has about six weeks until Marlins camp and this weekend is his second annual LoMo Camp for a Cure, which raises money for the American Lung Association in honor of his father, who died of lung cancer in December of 2010.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)