Jan 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Logan Morrison underwent arthroscopic knee surgery five weeks ago, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that he “walked without a limp” while attending a charity event for his youth baseball camp yesterday.
Morrison told Capozzi that he’d taken his first post-surgery swings earlier in the day and “it felt good.” However, he’s still not at full strength:
There’s still swelling. It still doesn’t feel 100 percent, but I think if there are no setbacks I should be all right. If I have to miss a week of spring training–and I’m not planning to–that’s probably the most it will be.
Morrison still has about six weeks until Marlins camp and this weekend is his second annual LoMo Camp for a Cure, which raises money for the American Lung Association in honor of his father, who died of lung cancer in December of 2010.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)