Jan 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Logan Morrison underwent arthroscopic knee surgery five weeks ago, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that he “walked without a limp” while attending a charity event for his youth baseball camp yesterday.
Morrison told Capozzi that he’d taken his first post-surgery swings earlier in the day and “it felt good.” However, he’s still not at full strength:
There’s still swelling. It still doesn’t feel 100 percent, but I think if there are no setbacks I should be all right. If I have to miss a week of spring training–and I’m not planning to–that’s probably the most it will be.
Morrison still has about six weeks until Marlins camp and this weekend is his second annual LoMo Camp for a Cure, which raises money for the American Lung Association in honor of his father, who died of lung cancer in December of 2010.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)