Jan 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Logan Morrison underwent arthroscopic knee surgery five weeks ago, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that he “walked without a limp” while attending a charity event for his youth baseball camp yesterday.
Morrison told Capozzi that he’d taken his first post-surgery swings earlier in the day and “it felt good.” However, he’s still not at full strength:
There’s still swelling. It still doesn’t feel 100 percent, but I think if there are no setbacks I should be all right. If I have to miss a week of spring training–and I’m not planning to–that’s probably the most it will be.
Morrison still has about six weeks until Marlins camp and this weekend is his second annual LoMo Camp for a Cure, which raises money for the American Lung Association in honor of his father, who died of lung cancer in December of 2010.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 23
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)