Jan 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Logan Morrison underwent arthroscopic knee surgery five weeks ago, but Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that he “walked without a limp” while attending a charity event for his youth baseball camp yesterday.
Morrison told Capozzi that he’d taken his first post-surgery swings earlier in the day and “it felt good.” However, he’s still not at full strength:
There’s still swelling. It still doesn’t feel 100 percent, but I think if there are no setbacks I should be all right. If I have to miss a week of spring training–and I’m not planning to–that’s probably the most it will be.
Morrison still has about six weeks until Marlins camp and this weekend is his second annual LoMo Camp for a Cure, which raises money for the American Lung Association in honor of his father, who died of lung cancer in December of 2010.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)