Jan 12, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
This morning we heard that the Yankees were talking to Scott Boras about Edwin Jackson. Joel Sherman of the New York Post says, however, that the Yankees are only interested in a one-year deal for Edwin Jackson. Same for Hiroki Kuroda too.
That’s certainly not what Jackson is interested in, but at times Kuroda has seemed receptive. Either way, it sounds like the Yankees are willing to see who’s left standing and try to get a bargain.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)