Jan 12, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Based on their projected roster and plans to slice about $15 million off last season’s payroll the Twins’ lone remaining move this offseason figures to be adding a veteran right-handed reliever for around $2 million.
With his sizable gut and sprint to the mound Coffey seems like a sideshow, but over the past three seasons he posted a 3.68 ERA and 167/64 K/BB ratio in 206 innings. That includes a 3.62 ERA and 46/20 K/BB ratio in 60 innings for the Nationals last season, which was a bargain or $1.35 million.
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 1
- Cubs sign reliever Jose Veras to one-year pact 1
- Report: MLB recorded record revenues in 2013 32
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts 70
- Diamondbacks trade for White Sox closer Addison Reed 28
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)