Jan 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Pomeranz, who was acquired from the Indians last July as the centerpiece of the Ubaldo Jimenez trade, was arrested in Oxford, Mississippi in mid-October following an incident after coming out of a bar with friends.
The 23-year-old southpaw wrote the following on his Twitter account earlier this afternoon:
Pomeranz, the fifth overall pick of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft, had an excellent 1.78 ERA over 20 starts in the minor leagues last season before posting a 5.40 ERA and 13/5 K/BB ratio in 18 1/3 innings with the Rockies as a September call-up. He’s expected to open the 2012 season in the starting rotation.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3