Jan 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EST
Pomeranz, who was acquired from the Indians last July as the centerpiece of the Ubaldo Jimenez trade, was arrested in Oxford, Mississippi in mid-October following an incident after coming out of a bar with friends.
The 23-year-old southpaw wrote the following on his Twitter account earlier this afternoon:
Pomeranz, the fifth overall pick of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft, had an excellent 1.78 ERA over 20 starts in the minor leagues last season before posting a 5.40 ERA and 13/5 K/BB ratio in 18 1/3 innings with the Rockies as a September call-up. He’s expected to open the 2012 season in the starting rotation.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)