Jan 13, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez didn’t take too well to the Marlins telling him he was moving to third base in the wake of the Jose Reyes signing. But Jon Paul Morosi reports that “a friend of Hanley Ramirez” says Ramirez is “warming up” to the idea of playing third. Two questions:
Where does Morosi meet “a friend of Hanley Ramirez?” I’m not picking on Morosi specifically here — lots of reporters cite “friends” in these kinds of stories — but I’m just having trouble picturing it.
OK, the more important question: does the “warming up to playing third base” line imply that Ramirez thinks this is some decision he has to make depending on how he feels about it all? Because I sorta have this feeling that he’s playing third base no matter what he wants.
Oh well. These are the sorts of things I wonder about when there’s nothing else going on.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)