Jan 13, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez didn’t take too well to the Marlins telling him he was moving to third base in the wake of the Jose Reyes signing. But Jon Paul Morosi reports that “a friend of Hanley Ramirez” says Ramirez is “warming up” to the idea of playing third. Two questions:
Where does Morosi meet “a friend of Hanley Ramirez?” I’m not picking on Morosi specifically here — lots of reporters cite “friends” in these kinds of stories — but I’m just having trouble picturing it.
OK, the more important question: does the “warming up to playing third base” line imply that Ramirez thinks this is some decision he has to make depending on how he feels about it all? Because I sorta have this feeling that he’s playing third base no matter what he wants.
Oh well. These are the sorts of things I wonder about when there’s nothing else going on.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)