Jan 13, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez didn’t take too well to the Marlins telling him he was moving to third base in the wake of the Jose Reyes signing. But Jon Paul Morosi reports that “a friend of Hanley Ramirez” says Ramirez is “warming up” to the idea of playing third. Two questions:
Where does Morosi meet “a friend of Hanley Ramirez?” I’m not picking on Morosi specifically here — lots of reporters cite “friends” in these kinds of stories — but I’m just having trouble picturing it.
OK, the more important question: does the “warming up to playing third base” line imply that Ramirez thinks this is some decision he has to make depending on how he feels about it all? Because I sorta have this feeling that he’s playing third base no matter what he wants.
Oh well. These are the sorts of things I wonder about when there’s nothing else going on.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)