Jan 13, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez didn’t take too well to the Marlins telling him he was moving to third base in the wake of the Jose Reyes signing. But Jon Paul Morosi reports that “a friend of Hanley Ramirez” says Ramirez is “warming up” to the idea of playing third. Two questions:
Where does Morosi meet “a friend of Hanley Ramirez?” I’m not picking on Morosi specifically here — lots of reporters cite “friends” in these kinds of stories — but I’m just having trouble picturing it.
OK, the more important question: does the “warming up to playing third base” line imply that Ramirez thinks this is some decision he has to make depending on how he feels about it all? Because I sorta have this feeling that he’s playing third base no matter what he wants.
Oh well. These are the sorts of things I wonder about when there’s nothing else going on.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy