Jan 13, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
As we passed along yesterday, the Rays and Joe Maddon are talking contract extension. Marc Topkin updates that report this morning, telling us that they are getting really close and that an announcement could happen at any time.
Maddon has led the Rays to the playoffs in the AL East three out of the last four years. But shhhh! Don’t tell anyone that. It totally screws up that whole “no one besides the Red Sox or the Yankees have a shot in that division” narrative that people in Toronto and Baltimore love so much.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)