Jan 13, 2012, 12:52 AM EDT
The Toronto Blue Jays left-hander couldn’t contain his glee at being selected as a replacement player for the big game in Phoenix, and he spoke with pride of the hard work it took him to rise from the ballfields of East Los Angeles to the big leagues.
Romero isn’t resting on his laurels, as KTLA in Los Angeles reports. In it, we learn more details on the pitcher’s drive to improve, his history, the influence of his family and his ability to stay grounded.
Check it out below.
You can follow Bob on Twitter here.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)