Jan 13, 2012, 12:52 AM EST
The Toronto Blue Jays left-hander couldn’t contain his glee at being selected as a replacement player for the big game in Phoenix, and he spoke with pride of the hard work it took him to rise from the ballfields of East Los Angeles to the big leagues.
Romero isn’t resting on his laurels, as KTLA in Los Angeles reports. In it, we learn more details on the pitcher’s drive to improve, his history, the influence of his family and his ability to stay grounded.
Check it out below.
You can follow Bob on Twitter here.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)