Jan 13, 2012, 12:52 AM EDT
The Toronto Blue Jays left-hander couldn’t contain his glee at being selected as a replacement player for the big game in Phoenix, and he spoke with pride of the hard work it took him to rise from the ballfields of East Los Angeles to the big leagues.
Romero isn’t resting on his laurels, as KTLA in Los Angeles reports. In it, we learn more details on the pitcher’s drive to improve, his history, the influence of his family and his ability to stay grounded.
Check it out below.
You can follow Bob on Twitter here.
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)