Jan 13, 2012, 12:52 AM EDT
The Toronto Blue Jays left-hander couldn’t contain his glee at being selected as a replacement player for the big game in Phoenix, and he spoke with pride of the hard work it took him to rise from the ballfields of East Los Angeles to the big leagues.
Romero isn’t resting on his laurels, as KTLA in Los Angeles reports. In it, we learn more details on the pitcher’s drive to improve, his history, the influence of his family and his ability to stay grounded.
Check it out below.
You can follow Bob on Twitter here.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 4
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)