Jan 13, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
I swear, someone decided this winter that we’re going to talk about Roy Oswalt like he’s a 17 year-old girl in the 1950s. First people were “eyeing” him. Now Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers have “made inquiries.”
Gee, I hope they talk to Roy’s father first and declare their intentions. We musn’t besmirch his good name.
Anyway, Oswalt on the Rangers is one of those things that always seemed to make sense because they always seemed to need pitching and he played in the state of Texas for so long and all of that. But assuming Yu Darvish signs — a safe assumption — Texas isn’t exactly desperate for starters these days, what with Lewis, Holland, Feliz, Harrison, Ogando and Darvish. Adding Oswalt would probably only give Ron Washington an excuse to return Feliz to the pen and that would just put me in a foul mood.
Anyway, here’s to watching for more reports on the courtship of Roy Oswalt. Perhaps the Cardinals will take him to a malt shop. Maybe the Yankees will ask him to the Sadie Hawkins dance.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)