Jan 14, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
From CSNChicago.com’s Jake Flannigan comes the below mockup of a 70-foot LED scoreboard that will be installed in right field at baseball’s second-oldest stadium. Construction will be completed this spring.
Above the new scoreboard you’ll see something called the “Budweiser Patio.” It will contain 150 all-inclusive seats (not bleachers), and is also going in before the start of the season. Wrigley Field purists are sure to despise the plan, but it puts the Cubs in a better position to attract a future All-Star Game (possibly as soon as 2016) and should open more revenue streams (through advertising and, well, all-inclusive ticket sales).
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (118)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)