Jan 14, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Texas Rangers president Nolan Ryan describes the team’s discussions with free agent slugger Prince Fielder as “very preliminary” … During a question-and-answer session with fans at the team’s annual winter FanFest, Ryan said the meeting Friday was to try to get a true feel for what Fielder and Boras are thinking.
Hmm, wonder what Boras and Fielder are thinking? I’ll give you three choices:
A) “We would like an incentive-laden, short-term deal with a low base salary because we are fully aware of the risks inherent in any free agent signing and wish to put your mind at ease.”
B) “Look, this is all so complicated and subjective. Why don’t you tell us what you think Prince is worth.” or
C) Pay us pay us pay us pays us pay us pay us pay us pay us pay us.
At least I think those are all of the possibilities. Maybe they just wanted to see if the Rangers had Mavericks tickets they could use. I dunno.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)