Jan 14, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Buster Olney reports the Athletics are in negotiations with Bartolo Colon. No sense if they’re going anywhere or not, but given that the A’s have traded away Trevor Cahill and Gio Gonzalez they could use an arm.
Last year Colon pitched 164 innings with a 4.00 ERA and 135/40 K/BB ratio. Not bad for a dude who had taken some time off and had been left for baseball dead. I’m not sure I’d bet a lot on him repeating those numbers, however, as he tired down the stretch.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)