Jan 14, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Buster Olney reports the Athletics are in negotiations with Bartolo Colon. No sense if they’re going anywhere or not, but given that the A’s have traded away Trevor Cahill and Gio Gonzalez they could use an arm.
Last year Colon pitched 164 innings with a 4.00 ERA and 135/40 K/BB ratio. Not bad for a dude who had taken some time off and had been left for baseball dead. I’m not sure I’d bet a lot on him repeating those numbers, however, as he tired down the stretch.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)