Jan 14, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Buster Olney reports the Athletics are in negotiations with Bartolo Colon. No sense if they’re going anywhere or not, but given that the A’s have traded away Trevor Cahill and Gio Gonzalez they could use an arm.
Last year Colon pitched 164 innings with a 4.00 ERA and 135/40 K/BB ratio. Not bad for a dude who had taken some time off and had been left for baseball dead. I’m not sure I’d bet a lot on him repeating those numbers, however, as he tired down the stretch.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 34
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)