Jan 14, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Buster Olney reports the Athletics are in negotiations with Bartolo Colon. No sense if they’re going anywhere or not, but given that the A’s have traded away Trevor Cahill and Gio Gonzalez they could use an arm.
Last year Colon pitched 164 innings with a 4.00 ERA and 135/40 K/BB ratio. Not bad for a dude who had taken some time off and had been left for baseball dead. I’m not sure I’d bet a lot on him repeating those numbers, however, as he tired down the stretch.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 3
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 23
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (168)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)