Jan 14, 2012, 5:24 PM EST
Buster Olney reports the Athletics are in negotiations with Bartolo Colon. No sense if they’re going anywhere or not, but given that the A’s have traded away Trevor Cahill and Gio Gonzalez they could use an arm.
Last year Colon pitched 164 innings with a 4.00 ERA and 135/40 K/BB ratio. Not bad for a dude who had taken some time off and had been left for baseball dead. I’m not sure I’d bet a lot on him repeating those numbers, however, as he tired down the stretch.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)