Jan 15, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
No word yet on any of the financial details.
Colon was courted recently by Arizona and spoke to the Yankees at one point about a reunion, but he settled on a place that should provide him an opportunity to post consistently strong numbers.
The A’s home stadium, the O.co Coliseum, saw the fifth-fewest home runs in all of baseball last year and ranked 20th in runs scored. Colon threw a four-hit shutout at Oakland in May. The 38-year-old had 4.00 ERA in 164 1/3 total innings for New York.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)