Jan 15, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
No word yet on any of the financial details.
Colon was courted recently by Arizona and spoke to the Yankees at one point about a reunion, but he settled on a place that should provide him an opportunity to post consistently strong numbers.
The A’s home stadium, the O.co Coliseum, saw the fifth-fewest home runs in all of baseball last year and ranked 20th in runs scored. Colon threw a four-hit shutout at Oakland in May. The 38-year-old had 4.00 ERA in 164 1/3 total innings for New York.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)