Jan 15, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
No word yet on any of the financial details.
Colon was courted recently by Arizona and spoke to the Yankees at one point about a reunion, but he settled on a place that should provide him an opportunity to post consistently strong numbers.
The A’s home stadium, the O.co Coliseum, saw the fifth-fewest home runs in all of baseball last year and ranked 20th in runs scored. Colon threw a four-hit shutout at Oakland in May. The 38-year-old had 4.00 ERA in 164 1/3 total innings for New York.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 11
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)