Jan 15, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
No word yet on any of the financial details.
Colon was courted recently by Arizona and spoke to the Yankees at one point about a reunion, but he settled on a place that should provide him an opportunity to post consistently strong numbers.
The A’s home stadium, the O.co Coliseum, saw the fifth-fewest home runs in all of baseball last year and ranked 20th in runs scored. Colon threw a four-hit shutout at Oakland in May. The 38-year-old had 4.00 ERA in 164 1/3 total innings for New York.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)