Jan 15, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
No word yet on any of the financial details.
Colon was courted recently by Arizona and spoke to the Yankees at one point about a reunion, but he settled on a place that should provide him an opportunity to post consistently strong numbers.
The A’s home stadium, the O.co Coliseum, saw the fifth-fewest home runs in all of baseball last year and ranked 20th in runs scored. Colon threw a four-hit shutout at Oakland in May. The 38-year-old had 4.00 ERA in 164 1/3 total innings for New York.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)