Jan 15, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
That physical should take place Sunday or Monday.
Jon Heyman of CBS says it’s not the Yankees, nor the Diamondbacks. The only other team Colon is known to have been in contact with is the A’s.
Colon, 39 in May, posted a respectable 4.00 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 135/40 K/BB ratio across 164 1/3 innings last season for New York. He should be able to effectively eat innings for another year or two.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)