Jan 15, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Free agent first baseman Prince Fielder has been travelling around the baseball world with his agent, Scott Boras, visiting teams who have expressed interest — mild or serious — in signing him.
The 27-year-old met with Rangers executives on Friday in Dallas, and it apparently went swimmingly.
Here’s the tweet from ESPN’s Jim Bowden:
Rangers president Nolan Ryan told reporters recently that his team’s pursuit of Fielder is in a “very preliminary” stage, but if Bowden’s information is correct, and Texas can afford to fit both Darvish and Fielder into its budget, perhaps negotiations will soon grow more serious. How ’bout this AL West?
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)