Jan 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Morgan began last season in a backup role for the Brewers after coming over in spring training trade from the Nationals, but Carlos Gomez‘s injury opened up the door for him to become the starting center fielder and Morgan hit .304 with a .778 OPS in 119 games.
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after earning $450,000 in 2011, so Morgan gets a five-fold raise and will be under team control for two more seasons. Milwaukee previously avoided arbitration with Gomez by signing him for $1.95 million, but Morgan is expected to be the Opening Day starter.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)