Jan 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Morgan began last season in a backup role for the Brewers after coming over in spring training trade from the Nationals, but Carlos Gomez‘s injury opened up the door for him to become the starting center fielder and Morgan hit .304 with a .778 OPS in 119 games.
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after earning $450,000 in 2011, so Morgan gets a five-fold raise and will be under team control for two more seasons. Milwaukee previously avoided arbitration with Gomez by signing him for $1.95 million, but Morgan is expected to be the Opening Day starter.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)