Jan 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Morgan began last season in a backup role for the Brewers after coming over in spring training trade from the Nationals, but Carlos Gomez‘s injury opened up the door for him to become the starting center fielder and Morgan hit .304 with a .778 OPS in 119 games.
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after earning $450,000 in 2011, so Morgan gets a five-fold raise and will be under team control for two more seasons. Milwaukee previously avoided arbitration with Gomez by signing him for $1.95 million, but Morgan is expected to be the Opening Day starter.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)