Jan 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Morgan began last season in a backup role for the Brewers after coming over in spring training trade from the Nationals, but Carlos Gomez‘s injury opened up the door for him to become the starting center fielder and Morgan hit .304 with a .778 OPS in 119 games.
He was arbitration eligible for the first time after earning $450,000 in 2011, so Morgan gets a five-fold raise and will be under team control for two more seasons. Milwaukee previously avoided arbitration with Gomez by signing him for $1.95 million, but Morgan is expected to be the Opening Day starter.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)