Jan 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
The Braves are going to sport a new home alternate jersey next year. It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but it was leaked by someone earlier today. I saw it over at Big League Stew. This is supposedly it:
The differences: It’s cream not white. There’s no tomahawk under the lettering, though there’s still a tomahawk on the sleeve patch. There’s no red on the piping along the buttons to go with that blue. No piping on the sleeves at all.
Not radical, but kind of cool. Certainly better than those red alternates they wear on Sundays. Which they still may wear, we don’t know. No word on caps either, though I think the road cap they wear — solid navy with no red bill — would look pretty sweet with this new one.
Then again, I wear an Indians block C hat all the time and I currently have a Brewers sausage race t-shirt on, so it’s not like I’m an authority on the sartorial stylings of my favorite team.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 1
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 28
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)