Jan 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
The Braves are going to sport a new home alternate jersey next year. It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but it was leaked by someone earlier today. I saw it over at Big League Stew. This is supposedly it:
The differences: It’s cream not white. There’s no tomahawk under the lettering, though there’s still a tomahawk on the sleeve patch. There’s no red on the piping along the buttons to go with that blue. No piping on the sleeves at all.
Not radical, but kind of cool. Certainly better than those red alternates they wear on Sundays. Which they still may wear, we don’t know. No word on caps either, though I think the road cap they wear — solid navy with no red bill — would look pretty sweet with this new one.
Then again, I wear an Indians block C hat all the time and I currently have a Brewers sausage race t-shirt on, so it’s not like I’m an authority on the sartorial stylings of my favorite team.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 43
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)