The Braves have new alternate jerseys and they look pretty spiffy

Jan 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT

The Braves are going to sport a new home alternate jersey next year. It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but it was leaked by someone earlier today. I saw it over at Big League Stew. This is supposedly it:

source:

The differences: It’s cream not white.  There’s no tomahawk under the lettering, though there’s still a tomahawk on the sleeve patch. There’s no red on the piping along the buttons to go with that blue. No piping on the sleeves at all.

Not radical, but kind of cool.  Certainly better than those red alternates they wear on Sundays. Which they still may wear, we don’t know.  No word on caps either, though I think the road cap they wear — solid navy with no red bill — would look pretty sweet with this new one.

Then again, I wear an Indians block C hat all the time and I currently have a Brewers sausage race t-shirt on, so it’s not like I’m an authority on the sartorial stylings of my favorite team.

1. karaterobot - Jan 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It’s Craig Calcaterra fanservice day.

2. kicksave1980 - Jan 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I like them, but I disagree on which cap they should wear. I don’t like the all blue alternates or the all blue cap…the red bill looks better, in my opinion.

3. Jonny 5 - Jan 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I think that shirt represents the off season moves of the Braves this year.

4. pisano - Jan 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM

wonderful!

5. 12strikes - Jan 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM

“Cream home alternate jerseys” will be the closest thing they have in common with the Phillies next season.

6. realgone2 - Jan 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The Red alternates are god awful. I hope they are outta there like Kawakami.

• foreverchipper10 - Jan 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I LOVE the red alternates! I have a McCann one that I wear proudly.

7. kage10 - Jan 17, 2012 at 9:41 AM