Jan 16, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
The Braves are going to sport a new home alternate jersey next year. It hasn’t been officially announced yet, but it was leaked by someone earlier today. I saw it over at Big League Stew. This is supposedly it:
The differences: It’s cream not white. There’s no tomahawk under the lettering, though there’s still a tomahawk on the sleeve patch. There’s no red on the piping along the buttons to go with that blue. No piping on the sleeves at all.
Not radical, but kind of cool. Certainly better than those red alternates they wear on Sundays. Which they still may wear, we don’t know. No word on caps either, though I think the road cap they wear — solid navy with no red bill — would look pretty sweet with this new one.
Then again, I wear an Indians block C hat all the time and I currently have a Brewers sausage race t-shirt on, so it’s not like I’m an authority on the sartorial stylings of my favorite team.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)