Jan 16, 2012, 9:53 AM EST
If the Yankees truly are thinking about Johnny Damon — or Carlos Pena or anyone else — to be their DH then they’re going to have to get him on the cheap. That’s because Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees only have $1-$2 million to spend on a DH.
Well, they have more, but that’s what they’re willing to spend. Because they have a budget now.
I dunno. Andruw Jones against lefties, rotate A-Rod, Jeter, Teixeira or whoever else needs a rest against righties. That’ll work, right? Do they really need an old dude to come in and be a mostly full time DH? Pena would be nice, sure, but I just sorta feel like they can get by without such a beast.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)