Jan 16, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
If the Yankees truly are thinking about Johnny Damon — or Carlos Pena or anyone else — to be their DH then they’re going to have to get him on the cheap. That’s because Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees only have $1-$2 million to spend on a DH.
Well, they have more, but that’s what they’re willing to spend. Because they have a budget now.
I dunno. Andruw Jones against lefties, rotate A-Rod, Jeter, Teixeira or whoever else needs a rest against righties. That’ll work, right? Do they really need an old dude to come in and be a mostly full time DH? Pena would be nice, sure, but I just sorta feel like they can get by without such a beast.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 53
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)