Jan 16, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
If the Yankees truly are thinking about Johnny Damon — or Carlos Pena or anyone else — to be their DH then they’re going to have to get him on the cheap. That’s because Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees only have $1-$2 million to spend on a DH.
Well, they have more, but that’s what they’re willing to spend. Because they have a budget now.
I dunno. Andruw Jones against lefties, rotate A-Rod, Jeter, Teixeira or whoever else needs a rest against righties. That’ll work, right? Do they really need an old dude to come in and be a mostly full time DH? Pena would be nice, sure, but I just sorta feel like they can get by without such a beast.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)