Jan 16, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
If the Yankees truly are thinking about Johnny Damon — or Carlos Pena or anyone else — to be their DH then they’re going to have to get him on the cheap. That’s because Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees only have $1-$2 million to spend on a DH.
Well, they have more, but that’s what they’re willing to spend. Because they have a budget now.
I dunno. Andruw Jones against lefties, rotate A-Rod, Jeter, Teixeira or whoever else needs a rest against righties. That’ll work, right? Do they really need an old dude to come in and be a mostly full time DH? Pena would be nice, sure, but I just sorta feel like they can get by without such a beast.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)