Jan 17, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Know what we did all last winter but haven’t done at all this winter? Talked about Giants closer Brian Wilson. How zany he is and all of that. Really, I haven’t thought about him at all since the last “BECAUSE I”M BLACK OPS!” Taco Bell commercial aired during the World Series. Guess that happens when your team is no longer the world champs and your season ends in injury.
But Wilson is back on the radar. For baseball reasons, as Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he’s been playing “hard catch” — which I did not know was a thing, but is apparently a thing — and will be able to begin bullpen sessions with the rest of the Giants staff when they all get to Scottsdale next month.
And if he’s pitching again and back to normal it will only be a matter of time before he does something zany again. Just you watch!
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)