Jan 17, 2012, 9:20 AM EST
Know what we did all last winter but haven’t done at all this winter? Talked about Giants closer Brian Wilson. How zany he is and all of that. Really, I haven’t thought about him at all since the last “BECAUSE I”M BLACK OPS!” Taco Bell commercial aired during the World Series. Guess that happens when your team is no longer the world champs and your season ends in injury.
But Wilson is back on the radar. For baseball reasons, as Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he’s been playing “hard catch” — which I did not know was a thing, but is apparently a thing — and will be able to begin bullpen sessions with the rest of the Giants staff when they all get to Scottsdale next month.
And if he’s pitching again and back to normal it will only be a matter of time before he does something zany again. Just you watch!
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40