Jan 17, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night, talking with my buddy Russ Thaler about the Jesus Montero-Michael Pineda trade. Video below. Watch for the moment when I called Jose Campos “that fireballer” because my brain locked and I was terrified that I was going to call him “Jorge Campos” and knew that wasn’t right but didn’t think fast enough to be certain. Ah, live TV!
Not in the video: Russ and I talking beforehand about how that trade was not leaked at all by anyone and how the Yankees always seem to keep that kind of info under wraps. It’s uncanny.
My first theory: fear! They are the Evil Empire, after all, and maybe they have people randomly killed if they leak stuff to the press. More likely: decision making is done by a really small group of people in the Bronx, and there thus aren’t a lot of assistant GMs and secretaries to the whoever floating around important phone calls, thereby preventing leaks.
Eh, it’s a theory.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)