Jan 17, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night, talking with my buddy Russ Thaler about the Jesus Montero-Michael Pineda trade. Video below. Watch for the moment when I called Jose Campos “that fireballer” because my brain locked and I was terrified that I was going to call him “Jorge Campos” and knew that wasn’t right but didn’t think fast enough to be certain. Ah, live TV!
Not in the video: Russ and I talking beforehand about how that trade was not leaked at all by anyone and how the Yankees always seem to keep that kind of info under wraps. It’s uncanny.
My first theory: fear! They are the Evil Empire, after all, and maybe they have people randomly killed if they leak stuff to the press. More likely: decision making is done by a really small group of people in the Bronx, and there thus aren’t a lot of assistant GMs and secretaries to the whoever floating around important phone calls, thereby preventing leaks.
Eh, it’s a theory.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)