Jan 18, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Armando Galarraga hasn’t had much success since he and umpire Jim Joyce made headlines for his “imperfect game” on June 2, 2010 and the 30-year-old right-hander has had to settle for a minor-league contract with the Orioles.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Galarraga will get an invitation to spring training, where he’ll compete for a rotation spot after struggling with the Diamondbacks and at Triple-A last season.
Since his perfect game against the Indians was lost on the 27th batter when Joyce blew the call at first base Galarraga has started 29 games for the Tigers and Diamondbacks with a 5-12 record and 5.10 ERA.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 11
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 110
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 101
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)