Jan 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
I might be the only person in the country who’s never watched an epipode of “American Idol” at this point, but this story is still interesting.
Former big league pitcher and current MLB Network announcer Joe Magrane has a 15-year-old daughter named Shannon Magrane and she auditioned for the “American Idol” judges on Wednesday night’s show, with Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson all giving her the thumbs-up to move on the next round.
She sang the Etta James classic “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” and her dad even made an appearance on the show, with Tyler making things super awkward by equating his daughter to “hot, humid, and happening” weather.
Here’s the video:
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)