Jan 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
I might be the only person in the country who’s never watched an epipode of “American Idol” at this point, but this story is still interesting.
Former big league pitcher and current MLB Network announcer Joe Magrane has a 15-year-old daughter named Shannon Magrane and she auditioned for the “American Idol” judges on Wednesday night’s show, with Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson all giving her the thumbs-up to move on the next round.
She sang the Etta James classic “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” and her dad even made an appearance on the show, with Tyler making things super awkward by equating his daughter to “hot, humid, and happening” weather.
Here’s the video:
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 93
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 30
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (103)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)