Jan 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
I might be the only person in the country who’s never watched an epipode of “American Idol” at this point, but this story is still interesting.
Former big league pitcher and current MLB Network announcer Joe Magrane has a 15-year-old daughter named Shannon Magrane and she auditioned for the “American Idol” judges on Wednesday night’s show, with Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson all giving her the thumbs-up to move on the next round.
She sang the Etta James classic “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” and her dad even made an appearance on the show, with Tyler making things super awkward by equating his daughter to “hot, humid, and happening” weather.
Here’s the video:
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)