Jan 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
I might be the only person in the country who’s never watched an epipode of “American Idol” at this point, but this story is still interesting.
Former big league pitcher and current MLB Network announcer Joe Magrane has a 15-year-old daughter named Shannon Magrane and she auditioned for the “American Idol” judges on Wednesday night’s show, with Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson all giving her the thumbs-up to move on the next round.
She sang the Etta James classic “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” and her dad even made an appearance on the show, with Tyler making things super awkward by equating his daughter to “hot, humid, and happening” weather.
Here’s the video:
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)