Jan 19, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
I might be the only person in the country who’s never watched an epipode of “American Idol” at this point, but this story is still interesting.
Former big league pitcher and current MLB Network announcer Joe Magrane has a 15-year-old daughter named Shannon Magrane and she auditioned for the “American Idol” judges on Wednesday night’s show, with Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson all giving her the thumbs-up to move on the next round.
She sang the Etta James classic “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” and her dad even made an appearance on the show, with Tyler making things super awkward by equating his daughter to “hot, humid, and happening” weather.
Here’s the video:
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 20
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)