Jan 19, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
Press conferences are typically held on weekday afternoons to ensure that fans and media members can easily take in whatever news is being discussed. But the Angels’ press conference introducing Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson was held outdoors on a Saturday and the Rangers are now taking a unique approach with their big offseason acquisition.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Darvish will be introduced on Friday night, 7 p.m. ET, at the Ballpark in Arlington. It’ll be a party! With a DJ! And dancing! And an open bar! OK, scratch those last three things.
Darvish agreed to a six-year, $60 million contract on Wednesday night with the Rangers, who paid a $51,703,411 posting fee to the Nippon Ham Fighters to obtain exclusive negotiating rights.
The 6-foot-5 right-hander posted a 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings last season in Japan.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 33
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 86
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)