Jan 19, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Press conferences are typically held on weekday afternoons to ensure that fans and media members can easily take in whatever news is being discussed. But the Angels’ press conference introducing Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson was held outdoors on a Saturday and the Rangers are now taking a unique approach with their big offseason acquisition.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Darvish will be introduced on Friday night, 7 p.m. ET, at the Ballpark in Arlington. It’ll be a party! With a DJ! And dancing! And an open bar! OK, scratch those last three things.
Darvish agreed to a six-year, $60 million contract on Wednesday night with the Rangers, who paid a $51,703,411 posting fee to the Nippon Ham Fighters to obtain exclusive negotiating rights.
The 6-foot-5 right-hander posted a 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings last season in Japan.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)