Jan 19, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Press conferences are typically held on weekday afternoons to ensure that fans and media members can easily take in whatever news is being discussed. But the Angels’ press conference introducing Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson was held outdoors on a Saturday and the Rangers are now taking a unique approach with their big offseason acquisition.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Darvish will be introduced on Friday night, 7 p.m. ET, at the Ballpark in Arlington. It’ll be a party! With a DJ! And dancing! And an open bar! OK, scratch those last three things.
Darvish agreed to a six-year, $60 million contract on Wednesday night with the Rangers, who paid a $51,703,411 posting fee to the Nippon Ham Fighters to obtain exclusive negotiating rights.
The 6-foot-5 right-hander posted a 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings last season in Japan.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)