Jan 20, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
That’s the exact midpoint between the $3.2 million figure Gardner submitted and the Yankees’ counter of $2.4 million.
Gardner gets a six-fold raise in his first season of arbitration eligibility after hitting .259 with a .349 on-base percentage and league-leading 49 steals in 2011. He’s under the Yankees’ control through 2014.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 0
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)