Jan 20, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
That’s the exact midpoint between the $3.2 million figure Gardner submitted and the Yankees’ counter of $2.4 million.
Gardner gets a six-fold raise in his first season of arbitration eligibility after hitting .259 with a .349 on-base percentage and league-leading 49 steals in 2011. He’s under the Yankees’ control through 2014.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT