Jan 20, 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
The Yankees and Mariners agreed last Friday to a trade sending catcher Jesus Montero and right-hander Hector Noesi to Seattle for right-handers Michael Pineda and Jose Campos. But that deal has not been completely finalized, and might not be made officially official for another couple days.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Montero is waiting for a visa issue to be resolved in his native Venezuela and hasn’t be able to travel to the United States to take his required physical with the Mariners. On top of that, an ice storm blew threw Seattle on Thursday, cancelling most flights.
Both teams will have to remain patient as Montero’s travel issues are cleared up and the airport conditions in the Great Northwest improve. We’d expect a resolution and official announcement by early next week.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)