Jan 20, 2012, 8:19 AM EDT
The Yankees and Mariners agreed last Friday to a trade sending catcher Jesus Montero and right-hander Hector Noesi to Seattle for right-handers Michael Pineda and Jose Campos. But that deal has not been completely finalized, and might not be made officially official for another couple days.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi, Montero is waiting for a visa issue to be resolved in his native Venezuela and hasn’t be able to travel to the United States to take his required physical with the Mariners. On top of that, an ice storm blew threw Seattle on Thursday, cancelling most flights.
Both teams will have to remain patient as Montero’s travel issues are cleared up and the airport conditions in the Great Northwest improve. We’d expect a resolution and official announcement by early next week.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 145
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (145)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)