Jan 20, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was officially introduced as a member of the Texas Rangers during a press conference earlier this evening in the “Hall of Fame room” at the Ballpark in Arlington. According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, an estimated 200 members of the Japanese media were on hand for the occasion.
Below is a picture of Darvish with his new No. 11 uniform flanked by Rangers manager Ron Washington and the team’s general manager Jon Daniels.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 44
- The Nationals and Phillies are nearing a trade for Jonathan Papelbon 25
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 81
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)