Jan 20, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
Yu Darvish was officially introduced as a member of the Texas Rangers during a press conference earlier this evening in the “Hall of Fame room” at the Ballpark in Arlington. According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, an estimated 200 members of the Japanese media were on hand for the occasion.
Below is a picture of Darvish with his new No. 11 uniform flanked by Rangers manager Ron Washington and the team’s general manager Jon Daniels.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 0
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)