Jan 20, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was officially introduced as a member of the Texas Rangers during a press conference earlier this evening in the “Hall of Fame room” at the Ballpark in Arlington. According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, an estimated 200 members of the Japanese media were on hand for the occasion.
Below is a picture of Darvish with his new No. 11 uniform flanked by Rangers manager Ron Washington and the team’s general manager Jon Daniels.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 3
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)